To get started, create a Plus or Prime account and login.
Step 1: Site Builder, Create Site
• The very first step is to find your Site Builder, you’ll need a Prime or Guild account. Log in, then click the link on the right side of your header, “Site Builder”.
• On your first visit to the Site Builder, you will be asked to create a website.
• You can create up to three websites with your account.
• Fill in both your Visura URL and your Site Title.
Step 2: Select A Template
Step 3: Import Page Menu
Importing a page menu will get you started with pre-filled pages to edit. This helps with organization as well as how the Site Builder operates. For the demo, we’ll use Template 1. Note: The import site dialog appears when your “Site Menu” is empty.
Easy to access,
Step 4: Site Tour
Take two minutes to step through the Site Builder tour
Step 5: Site Settings
After the tour, you will land on your Site’s settings page. Here are few points to keep an eye out for:
• Visura Domain – Set your site URL, we recommend not changing this once you launch your site.
• Use your own Custom Domain – Click here for instructions
• Hide Site From Search Engines – Once your site is ready to go live, switch this to “Index My Site”
• Copyright Notice – Enter your name here
• Google Analytics Account ID – Google Analytics is one of the most powerful website analytics solutions available – and it’s free for anyone to use. Sign-up here
• SEO Description – Add one sentence the best describes you. Adding areas of expertise and location are good ideas.
Example: Emma Dalton is a New York City-based photographer working in portraiture and photojournalism.
• Insert Custom Menu Text: Use this form to add some text and more customized links to your menu, such as “Now located in XYZ” or “Exhibition opening next Saturday”. This is best used on vertical menus.
Step 6: Pages
Next, head on over to the Pages link in the left side menu. This is the main page of your Site Builder.
• Site Menu list: is the menu as it appears on your public-facing website
• Hidden Pages list: Site pages that are available on their URL, but hidden from the site menu
• Click page title to edit the page or menu item
• Drag & Drop to change the order
• Homepage drop-down menu – set your homepage
• Menu Text Block: Use this form to add some text and more customized links to your menu, such as “Now located in XYZ” or “Exhibition opening next Saturday”. This is best used on vertical menus.
Step 7: Design
While it is totally possible to spend all day here, we recommend first starting with the Site Logo / Name section to get the basics in place. Then update your site content (projects, about pages, etc), then return to the site designer to finalize your website presentation. A few important settings:
• Site Logo / Name
— Logo-Graphic: an image file, that will appear before your site menu, we recommend creating a .png file with a transparent background
— Logo Text: Looking for a cleaner approach, simply use a nice font face to introduce your site. Great for SEO too.
— Logo Subtitle Text: Use this for a subtitle like ‘Photographer’
• Page Styles
— Background Image: Use this to add a repeating pattern to your background. To set a full-screen image as the homepage, we recommend using a Landing Page with Layout Style ‘Full-Screen Slideshow’ (you can have a slideshow with only one image).
• Text Styles
— Heading Font Face: Set the font of your heading text (large titles, site-wide).
—- Note on Fonts: Use the site designer to set defaults. You can then override them with common font faces in the text editor when writing.
Step 8: Send/Share
This is a great feature to quickly share any page or your website at large (when clicked from the Pages, Design, or Settings page). We allow you to email the page to any number of contacts and provide a tool for importing your contacts quickly.
Step 9: Website Help
Feel free to contact our support team for technical or design assistance!
Step 10: Create Another Website
From the Pages section of your Site Builder, select the ‘choose a website’ drop-down menu. Then, select the bottom option “Create New Site” as seen below.
…and that’s it! Contact us at email@example.com